Rodent Removal & Prevention
Did you know there are more than 2,000 species of rodents? Their key characteristics include:
- Incisor teeth that gnaw and chew (their front teeth never stop growing).
- A wide variety of food sources, including leaves, fruit, seeds and small invertebrates.
The most prevalent types of rodents in Texas are rats, mice, and squirrels. In addition to native rats, non-native rats are very common in Texas; they're often referred to as Old World rats as they were brought to North America on early voyagers' ships. Because of their adaptability, they're now found in homes throughout the region.
How to Tell if You Have Rodents
Rodents like rats are often most active at night, although when there's a change in weather, they're hungry or their living conditions become crowded, it's not uncommon to see them any time of day.
If there aren't very many rats:
- You'll likely only be able to see a burrow entrance about 2-4 inches in size.
If there are a medium number of rats:
- You'll be able to find droppings and signs of gnawing.
- You'll hear them at night.
- Your pets (especially cats and dogs) will react to areas in which they hear and smell them.
If there are a lot of rats:
- You'll easily find fresh droppings and signs of gnawing.
- You'll be able to see and hear them both day and night.
How to Deter Rodents in Your Home
The Texas State Department of Health offers the following tips for deterring rats within your home:
The best way to prevent a rodent infestation is to remove their sources of food, water and shelter.
- Store pet and people food, bird and lawn/garden seed, and animal feed indoors in containers with tight fitting lids.
- Clean up food waste and use thick plastic or metal garbage cans with tight lids.
- Keep the area around your home and outbuildings clear of junk and debris.
- Trim vegetation and don't allow plants to grow up alongside your house.
- Clean up fallen fruits or nuts from trees and animal waste.
- Routinely mix compost piles to encourage rapid decomposition.
- Store firewood, lumber or hay at least 12 inches off the ground and away from your home.
How We Help With This Type of Pest Control
We always start with by determining the size of the rodent problem. We ask you, “What have you seen, heard or smelled?” By accurately assessing the situation, we’re able to create a custom solution for your home.
We start with exclusion or sealing your home. This could include repairing garage doors to fixing weather stripping on doors and burrowing under foundations.
Once we finish exclusion and they’re either trapped inside or outside, we place snap traps and/or glue boards in the necessary areas to monitor and eliminate activity.
Seven to ten days later, we’ll come back for a follow-up to:
- Check traps.
- Remove any rodents we catch.
- Check all our exclusion work.
If we find any problems with the exclusion we performed, we will repair it at no cost.
If you sign up for our preventative service, we will install exterior bait stations to help control the rodent population.
Schedule a complimentary evaluation and get a free estimate by calling (979) 725-2757.
Lockhart Pest Control
If insects bombard your property, you should get pest control done by hiring our Lockhart, TX, professionals at Clark Pest Control. Our pest control company is the most trusted one in this industry. Our employees are all highly skilled, so you do not have to worry about the results when you hire our Lockhart pest control specialists.
Our Lockhart pest control services will kill all the insects hiding in the nooks and corners of your house. This is because of the high-quality supplies we use for the pest control process. Our equipment is always of the latest technology.
The following will occur when you hire us for Lockhart pest control:
- Rodent exclusion
- Indoor pest control
- Commercial pest control services
- Wasp removal
Call Clark Pest Control for Lockhart pest control!
Lockhart Pest Control Company
Our Lockhart pest control company has been delivering its services for many years now. All the past customers who have availed of our pest control services always talk positively about us. If there is an urgency, we also offer same-day services. We are one such Lockhart pest control company that vouches for the dedication of its employees.
If you want reliable experts on board, you must choose our Lockhart pest control company. We understand availing of these services can be a cause of financial strain for some people. For this reason, our Lockhart pest control company is known for providing the stated services at the most affordable rates:
- Spider pest control
- Grub prevention
- Pest control on lawn
Call Clark Pest Control for a Lockhart pest control company!
Lockhart Pest Control Services
Experienced professionals only handle our Lockhart pest control services. We want our clients to have the best pest control experience. All of our employees work while keeping in mind that customer satisfaction is of utmost importance.
You can give us a call and hire us for our Lockhart pest control services by using the mentioned number.If you wish, you can also visit us to discuss all the Lockhart pest control services that we offer.
Our team can even share the cost estimation with you so that you can decide what is the best option for you. Our employees are always there to answer your questions with all of the necessary information.
Please have a look at some more Lockhart pest control services that we offer:
- Pet friendly pest control
- Affordable pest control
- Residential pest control services
- Mosquito control for yard
Call Clark Pest Control for Lockhart pest control services!